Established in 1943, The Des Moines Camera Club has been dedicated to the pursuit of photographic excellence for more than seventy years! The club provides activities for those who wish to share, learn, or improve their photographic skills.
Our membership represents all levels of photography, from beginner to advanced amateur or professional. Our goal is to increase our knowledge of photography and inspire one another in our photographic activities. Programs, workshops and field trips are held regularly on a wide variety of subject matter. Photography competitions are held monthly.
Our camera club meets the first three Tuesdays of every month from September through May, except for December. The first meeting of the month is devoted to instruction, while the second and third meetings are competition nights. Check the Schedule page for dates and the address. Visitors are always welcome at all meetings. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook as well.
Latest News from the DMCC
A schedule of upcoming meetings and events can be found here and recent news and topics are below:
- June 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 Gallery Presentation Feb 23, 2017
- Nov 17, 2016 Schedule Update and Reminders Nov 17, 2016
- Oct 2, 2016 September begins a new year for DMCC Oct 2, 2016
- September 2016
- Jul 31, 2016 Are You Ready for the New Year!?! Jul 31, 2016
- Oct 15, 2015 Des Moines Camera Club Polos Available to Order! Oct 15, 2015
- September 2015